1. Work to prohibit the use of polystyrene products as food containers
and plastic bags, campaign to promote use of cloth bags.
2. Research the amount of waste associated with products, develop
campaign to target greatest offenders and contact companies to ask for
reduced waste, have consumers asks stores to carry products that use
3. Encourage the development of a regional program to require composting
of organic waste. (San Francisco model)
4. Develop programs to prohibit medicals and other toxic substances from
entering the sewage system.
5. Establish zero waste school lunch programs.
6. Develop on-site composting of food waste in home, school, and
7. Create local areas to stockpile used materials for reuse.
8. Hold worm bin construction and care workshop
9. Conduct local campaign to request less packaging; write joint letters
with store owners asking companies to reduce packaging.